Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Save on groceries and eat healthier too

Came across this link from the FDA about how to save money and eat healthier through simple meal planning and shopping and eating right.

Since starting my new exercise program, I've been preparing meals a lot more. Heck, I need to eat quite a bit to keep up with the program. I've found as a result not only do I eat better but I'm saving money, avoiding the big take-out bills at the end of the month on credit cards.

Here are some more ways to save on groceries from bankrate.com. The topic came up recently that it'd be nice to get a Trader Joes or even Whole Foods market in town for some healthier alternatives to the regular Shaws and Park and Shop.

The new Walmart superstore out on Rt 9 has low prices (not sure of quality, but prices are less).

Also in my experience Market Basket is superior to what we have here for selection and competitive price. Market Basket is locally owned (like Park and Shop unlike Shaws and Wally world). It'd be nice to have that competition out in Auburn for better quality and prices.

No comments: